The Village School Board
The business affairs of the Village School are ultimately the responsibility of the Village School’s Board. However to ensure practicality, the day to day operations have been delegated to the Principal and Business Manager while the strategic decisions are retained by the Board.
The Board comprises of the following:
- Four (4) ordinary members - 1 * Staff Representative, 1* Parent Representative, 1* Vice Chair and 1* Risk Officer (who are electable at an annual general meeting).
- One (1) Chairperson, who will be appointed by the Village School Board,
- One (1) Treasurer, who is electable,
- One (1) Secretary, who is also the Public Officer pursuant to Part V of the Act, will be the School’s Business Manager and will be appointed by the Village School Board; and
- One (1) School Principal, who will be appointed by the Village School Board.
The Board is scheduled to meet each month.
Current membership of the board is as follows:-
- Chairperson: Kay Newton
- Vice Chairperson: Andrew Guthrie
- Principal: Tanya Heine
- Secretary/Business Manager: Vanessa Yates
- Treasurer: David Cron
- Staff Rep: Sally Boyd
- Parent Rep: Adua Cipolato
- Risk Officer